Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Location: Swindon - South West
C4S Search, in Partnership with Honda of the UK Manufacturing, are looking for highly-skilled maintenance engineers to join several departments at their manufacturing plant in Swindon. As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be will an integral part of the team that is responsible for pro-active and reactive maintenance on all production and manufacturing machinery, particularly robots to ensure minimal downtime.
• Completing PPM Checks to schedule and log activity on relevant systems
• Managing spare parts for any allocated equipment and follow up on improvement activity
• Carrying out breakdown maintenance, reacting to daily concerns and supporting in getting equipment back to a correct operating condition
• Undertaking equipment start-up checks and shut down activity
• Completing work requests allocated within agreed timescales
• Liaising with external contractors, checking permits and supervising works
• Responding promptly to internal customer work requests
To be considered for the position of Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers you must:
• Apprentice trained engineer (Electrical or Mechanical)
• Strong knowledge of PLCs – Ideally Omron
• Effective fault finding and diagnostic experience
• Experienced in PPM and breakdown repair
• Multi-skilled, with a good understanding of MTTR, MTBF and equipment up-time
• Working knowledge of robots - Ideally Fanuc or Motorman
• Experience in using a CMMS package to log equipment faults
What Honda wants from you:
Due to the nature of the critical role you will have within Honda of the UK manufacturing you will need to be flexible in your approach to shifts and working hours. On occasion, you may be required to work extra hours or to swap shifts to maintain product production.
What Honda can offer you:
We can offer you earning potential of up to £43,000 + OT, 25 days’ holiday, private medical care, local discounts, medical and dental plan, generous pension scheme, childcare vouchers and the opportunity to purchase all Honda products at a generously discounted rate.
Within your first six months you have the opportunity of being technically assessed to move onto the next pay grade.
About Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM)
A place where dreams become a reality. Everyday our plant in Swindon produces over 600 cars - about 1 every 90 seconds. That figure is down to the hard work and dedication of our passionate and talented Associates. Just like its predecessors, the brand new Honda Civic is being built here in Swindon too and it’s more than just the quietest, smoothest and strongest performing Civic yet. It’s also a testament to every person and part that makes it possible.
C4S Search is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all candidates eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.